As we’re sure you’ve seen in the news recently, Puerto Rico has been hit by several earthquakes over the course of just a few days. The earthquakes caused localized damage in a section of the southwest part of the island. We’re very happy to say that Maria’s and the surrounding area was unaffected by the earthquakes and remains open for tourism.
In fact, one of the best things you can do to support Puerto Rico is to visit and support the many amazing local businesses that survive off tourism.
Looking for more ways to help, either by monetary donation or by boots-on-the-ground assistance? We’ve compiled a list of links that can help you connect to reputable organizations both on the island and stateside.
Click below to learn more about Puerto Rican
earthquake relief and how you can help.
- Hispanic Federation: Providing on-island goods, services, funding and mental health assistance.
- Direct Relief: Assisting healthcare and community-based organizations with providing medical necessities and personnel in the aftermath of the earthquakes.
- World Central Kitchen: Providing meals to those in areas where access to food and drinking water has been compromised.
- All Hands & Hearts: Helping to rebuild homes and schools that have suffered in the aftermath of both the hurricane and the earthquakes.
- Americares: Helping people in the most vulnerable situations and areas throughout the island get the vital medication they need.
- Puerto Rico Rises: Providing direct relief of water, non-perishable food items, clothing, diapers, hygiene items, bedding, and more to people who are in the most need on the island.
Please feel free to browse through the links – we’re grateful for your support of our beautiful island.