If you’ve been considering a vacation to a tropical paradise, you definitely should put Puerto Rico at the top of the list. Of course, when many people think of traveling to our island, San Juan comes to mind first. And while we definitely think you should visit San Juan while staying on our beautiful island, you should know the west side of the island is beautiful and offers a robust experience.
In Rincón, we have several beautiful beaches, gorgeous sunsets, rich history and delicious local cuisine. There is much more to our area than just the surfing experience, although if your vacation goals are to catch a wave and hang ten, there is no better place to do so than Maria’s Beach! But rest assured for those who aren’t surf-ready – staying in Rincón will offer you rest, relaxation and plenty of island experiences that you’ll remember forever.
If you’re ready to stay in Rincón, we have some tips that can help your vacation experience be smooth, easy and relaxing.
You may have some questions when considering travel to Puerto Rico, as well as staying in Rincón. We’re ready to help you! Here is a list of frequently asked questions, and the answers that we hope will help you as you plan your vacation.
- Is there an airport other than in San Juan? If you’re staying on the west side of the island, you may find it’s easier to fly into the Rafael Hernández Airport (BNQ) in Aguadilla. This airport is only 24 minutes away from Rincón, too.
- How will I get around on the island? Many people find it’s a good idea to rent a car while staying in Puerto Rico. Because of the size of the island, day trips are easily within reach if you have a rental car. Rental cars are available at the Rafael Hernández Airport as well, with many different makes and models to choose from.
- Do I need a passport and to exchange currency? You will not need a passport, nor will you need to exchange currency, because Puerto Rico is a territory of the U.S.
- Are there lots of nearby attractions I can visit? When you stay in Rincón, there are many places both locally and within easy travel to visit. In Rincón, there are numerous beaches to visit, including the world-famous surfing beach, Maria’s Beach, as well as Steps Beach and Domes Beach. Additionally, there are snorkeling adventures, surfboarding and paddle boarding lessons, fishing excursions and more. You’ll want to visit the El Faro Lighthouse and Park, too.Outside of Rincón, you can plan day trips to such cities as San Juan, where you can get see the historical Castillo San Felipe del Morro, Castillo de San Cristobel, the Santa María de Pazzis Cemetery, and all of Old San Juan. If you head south from Rincón, you can visit beautiful Ponce, where there is a vibrant art scene, an historical cathedral, and the celebrated Plaza Las Delicias. There is so much to do and see throughout the island, you will never be bored, we promise!
- What should I wear? You’re in a tropical paradise – plan to dress for warm weather. Bring plenty of beachwear, as well as shorts, light, comfortable cotton tops, and sundresses. Flip flops and sandals are also suggested, as well as comfortable walking shoes if you plan to tour cities. Dress casually, comfortably and for warm weather!
- What are some foods and beverages that can give me a true taste of Puerto Rico? When in Puerto Rico, there are plenty of family-owned restaurants that can give you a true taste of island cuisine. From delicious seafood dishes and roast pork to plantains and mofongo, we recommend trying out a variety of eateries – and not shying away from our island dishes! Of course, if you imbibe you will want to try some of our delicious rum beverages – most rum is produced right in Puerto Rico! From the pina colada – an island original and favorite, to the mojito, our rum beverages are always a great choice!
- Where should I stay? Stay with us at Maria’s! We are a luxury villa located right on beautiful Maria’s Beach in Rincón. Booking is done through Twin Palms, Maria’s rental and onsite management. Please visit our booking page on this website to view the availability of Maria’s and fill out our convenient contact form.
Have more questions about Rincón or staying with us at Maria’s? Give us a call!
If you have any additional questions regarding Maria’s, you may call Elizabeth at 787-685-6648 (español: Amy at 787-233-9815). They will be more than happy to help you plan your stay in Puerto Rico with us!