What makes a tropical paradise, well, a paradise? For most people, it’s the spectacular scenery, the temperate weather and often, the native flora. When visiting Puerto Rico, you can expect amazing sunsets, gorgeous ocean views, beautiful weather and a visual feast brought to you by native Puerto Rican flowers. The All Events Puerto Rico website talks about some of the island’s most beautiful blooms, and how you can incorporate them into your celebrations (planning a destination wedding?) – or just enjoy their unique loveliness.
- Amapolas: These are also known as poppy flowers. They vary in color but most familiar are the amapolas in shades of red. They are a symbol of good luck.
- Bougainvillea: Bougainvillea comes in numerous bright colors including pink, magenta, purple, red, orange, white and yellow. They are sometimes referred to as paper flowers because their leaves are thin and papery. They are popular as ornamental plants.
- Flamboyan: These flowers are beloved throughout the Caribbean, and are “flame-like” because of their long, bright orange or scarlet petals. Flamboyan are considered a symbol of Puerto Rico.
- Heliconia: Known also as lobster claw or false bird-of-paradise. These flowers have large, gorgeous blooms that come in a number of colors, including yellow, orange, red, pink, green and purple.
- Maga: The flor de maga is the national flower of Puerto Rico. They are found all throughout the island and are generally brilliant pink or red in color. While they closely resemble the hibiscus flower, they belong to a different species.
- Orchids: Always elegant, orchids come in a number of colors and hues, from lavender purple to a deep reddish purple. There are 143 types of orchids native to Puerto Rico.
When you stay at Maria’s, you’ll not only be able to enjoy the breathtaking flora of Puerto Rico, but you’ll be able to do so while enjoying luxurious accommodations with a beach view. Located on Maria’s Beach in Rincón, Puerto Rico, Maria’s offers vacationers a resort replete with amenities, including a swimming pool, hot tubs, private access to Maria’s Beach, and more.
Our booking is done through Island West Properties, Maria’s rental and onsite management. Please visit our booking page on this website to view the availability of Maria’s and fill out our convenient contact form below. If you have any additional questions regarding Maria’s, you may call Island West Properties at 787-823-2323.